Become A Coach Or Volunteer And Make A Difference
Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. At the First Tee, we take coaching seriously. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program.
“Young People Don’t Care What A Coach Knows Until They Know The Coach Cares”
As you consider volunteering for our chapter, know that the safety of our kids is our first priority. Please read our Prevention Policies to see how we conduct programs and activities at our chapter.
Are You Up For The Challenge?
Nationwide, we currently have more than 3,700 coaches signed up with First Tee, including PGA and LPGA pros, as well as volunteers. But you don’t have to be a golf pro or even a good golfer. With First Tee Coach Program, we provide the training you need.
Developed with input from leading experts in the field of positive youth development, our program focuses on empowering participants through decision-making and exploring options. This helps foster positive relationships between coaches and young people, inspiring the golfers of tomorrow to look to the future, set goals, and unlock their potential.
Make an impact in Collier County:
As our chapter continues to grow and positively impact more youth, we are continuously searching for outstanding volunteer coaches. Our First Tee volunteer coaches are a team of adults that teach young people First Tee Core Values & Healthy Habits as well as valuable Life Skills using the game of golf.
To be a volunteer coach with First Tee – Naples/Collier you don’t need to have a low handicap. All that we are looking for is a positive attitude and desire to make a difference in the youth of Collier County.
Junior Assistant Coach
If you are a junior and interested in volunteering click button listed below to find out eligibility and requirements for First Tee – Naples/Collier.
When we need You:
- Volunteer Coaches are needed during our program sessions:
- Fall 2021: October 5th – December 11th
- Winter 2022: January 11th – March 5th
- Spring 2021: April 5th – May 14th
- Summer 2021
- 7 weeks of Summer Camp
- June 14th – July 30th
- Volunteer coaches can participate in any or all of the program sessions
- We do ask that you commit to assist with a full session.
- Winter, Spring, & Fall sessions meet once a week for 90 minutes
- Classes are typically Monday – Friday between 4:00 – 6:00 and some Saturday mornings
- Summer camp is 5 days (Monday – Friday) a week from 8:00 am – 12:30pm.
- Volunteers can assist any or all days during a camp.
- Life Skills programs are offered at Golf Courses across Collier County.
- Work with youth ages 7-18 years old and with skill levels from beginner to advanced.
- Informative and interactive training sessions are offered through out the year.
- Opportunities to become a Level I, II, or II recognized The First Tee Coach.
Learn More About Opportunities
Contact us to find out how to get involved as a coach.