The Learning Center Impact
We at First Tee – Naples/Collier have had a big impact in the community and we look forward to continue our work in our new home. Learn about all of the benefits our youth can gain from having their own facility in their neighborhood.
Reach More Youth
- Our goal is to double the number of youth served from 1,000 today to over 2,000 in two years.
- First Tee – Naples/Collier’s growth will help fill the GAP in out-of-school programming in Collier County.
- Currently, First Tee – Naples/Collier is on track with the national average in diversity however the goal is to continue to grow the number of at-risk youth exponentially.
The Learning Center will provide:
- Much needed indoor and outdoor golf practice areas and dedicated classroom space.
- Space for coaches to consistently integrate the game of golf with First Tee – Naples/Collier Life Skills Curriculum and the Nine Core Values.
- A safe place for First Tee youth to gather.
- Permanent office space for the dedicated First Tee staff and create a home-base from which to manage 10 additional programs and 30 Collier County in-school programs.
- A place to host parent-child gatherings, Board meetings and Ambassador events.
- The Golden Gate location puts the program in the epicenter of an underserved community.
- First Tee – Naples/Collier will be able to increase its outreach to Title 1 schools in Golden Gate, Manatee, East Naples, and River Park.
- First Tee – Naples/Collier will re-establish programming with non-profits like:
- Boys and Girls Club of Collier County
- Grace Place
- The New Outreach Director will focus on at-risk youth and help them stay in the program from primary school to high school.
- The Learning Center will be within walking distance of a new 12-hole Jack Nicklaus Design golf course, with guaranteed access during programming hours.
- First Tee – Naples/Collier will have hitting bays and dedicated driving range space adjacent to the BigShots driving range.
First Tee – Naples/Collier Testimonials
“First Tee has taught me to grow as a more confident person.”– Destiny Nguyen
First Tee – Naples/Collier Alumni
“…The relationships that they’ve built, the friendships that they’ve built, that carried on through high school.”– Abel Jaimes, Director, School Leadership, Collier County Public Schools
You Can Make The Difference
To build the next generation of Naples/Collier community leaders, we are seeking support and advocacy from the Naples community, parents, businesses, and charitable organizations. Your tax-deductible contribution will ensure the timely completion of this much-needed resource for our young people. All gifts over $10,000 will be permanently recognized on a donor wall in the First Tee Naples/Collier Learning Center.